what is electronic verification Code EVC
Electronic Verification Code (EVC) is a 10 digits (alpha + numeric) code to verify income tax return and can be generated online from income tax portal.
Electronic verification code EVC
could be used to verify
- ITR 1
- ITR 2
- ITR 3
- ITR 4
- EVC would be unique and can be used only with one
- One EVC can be used to validate only one ITR.
- The EVC remains valid for 72 hours.
How to Generate Electronic Verification Code (EVC)?
There are various methods to generate Electronic Verification Code (EVC).
1) Generate EVC through e-filing website
- Simply login to your account with PAN number as user id and your password.
- You would then receive EVC on your registered mobile & via Email.
- Generate EVC through Linking Aadhaar Card with PAN
2) Generate EVC through Bank ATM Machines
Saving Bank (Mentioned in ITR) >> Take ATM card of this Bank Account >>> Generate EVC for ITR (Appears on ATM) . EVC Code will come in mobile.
Note* Mobile should be linked to bank account.
3) Generate EVC through Net Banking Facility
Log in Bank Account >>Look for redirection to income tax website >> generate EVC. The EVC > Click generate >>will get EVC in mobile number.
Note* PAN should be linked in Bank Account.
How to link your aadhaar with PAN?
Login to website >>Go to “Profile Settings” >> Click on Link Aadhaar with PAN.
Fill in Adhar Details >> Click on Link.
How to E Verify your ITR with (EVC)
Electronic Verification Code (EVC) for e-verification process of Income Tax Return can be used while:
As you are finished with uploading of return, a screen having following options would appear:-
- Option-1 – “I already have an EVC and I would like to Submit EVC”
- Option-2 – “I do not have an EVC and I would like to generate an EVC”
- Option-3 – “I would like to generate Aadhaar OTP to e-Verify my return”
- Option-4 – “I would like to e-Verify later! I would like to send ITR-V”
- Option 1 requires you to put the EVC you have already generated give evc its done!
- Option 2 requires you to generate EVC either through AMT or
- Option 3 would use generating EVC through Aadhaar Card
- Option 4 Old method of ITR-V signing and sending it to CPC Bangalore.
Accounting Courses, Taxation Course, Advanced Excel Course, Computer Courses, Tally Course, GST Course, Corporate Training, Distance Learning Courses, Job oriented Courses, Courses after b com, Tally Training , Diploma in Accounting, Diploma Courses , Payroll Courses, SAP Fico Course, Short Term Courses, Computer Education Franchise, Tally free download